Vegetarian Tacos with Quinoa and Goat Cheese
- Quinoa (1.5 cups uncooked)
- Taco Seasoning 1.5 pouches (I used TRADER JOES brand—it has a nice kick to it, and is gluten free, but you can do a homemade seasoning if you prefer)
- Chili Powder
My version includes:
- Quinoa “meat”
- Fresh Made Guac (Lime, Avocado, Fresh Roma Tomatoes, Garlic Powder and Salt – chilled)
- Fresh Chopped Roma Tomatoes
- Romaine Lettuce
- Goat Cheese (this brings the flavor to a whole new level! HIGHLY recommend trying it!)
- Fresh Made Taco Shells from Blue Corn Tortillas
Simple Directions for Quinoa “Meat”:
- Cook Quinoa According to Package (Rice Cooker – or Stove Top)
- Heat oil over medium heat, throw in cooked quinoa
- Put in Taco Seasonings, a dash of extra chili powder and paprika to give it extra kick. (The quinoa won’t have the same meaty taste, so “beefing” it up with spice will compensate for those who love the ground beef taste.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes to let the flavors set into the Quinoa.
Take your taco shells (preferably warm) and spread a thin coat of Goat cheese on the inside of the shell. A good goat cheese has a nice tang, and will help balance out some of the heat of your taco seasonings. Add Quinoa “meat”, Guac, Lettuce, Tomatoes (or whatever you’re filling your taco with) and serve your DELICIOUS Tacos!
These tacos will be PACKED with healthy protein from the quinoa. If you’re like me, be careful… don’t let your eyes be bigger than your stomach. These nutrient dense tacos will fill you up fast. Don’t over eat (even though these will be hard to put down).
This should easily feed 2 hungry people + leftovers. The Quinoa meat is always great over salad.