Egg Drop Soup (Vegetarian and Gluten Free)
This recipe is super easy, quick, and a great way to use up veggie broth before it goes bad.
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- 1/2 – 1 cup Water (water down at end if desired)
- 3 – 5 Green Onions chopped
- 2 – 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and chopped
- Any type of Mushrooms (I used a carton of button mushrooms)
- Olive oil
- 3 eggs (you can use whites if you prefer)
- Soy Sauce (Gluten free – Tamari – Low Sodium)
- Fresh (or frozen) Spinach – I used 1 bundle of fresh
- Dash of apple cider vinegar (you can use a more traditional vinegar, but this is the only kind I use)
- In a pot, heat olive oil and sauté onions for about 2 mins. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for about 4 more mins reduced heat.
- Add Veggie Broth and water, boil. Add Mushrooms, cook until tender, ~6 mins. Add fresh spinach and cook until soft, reduce heat to simmer. Add about half a cup of soy sauce and a dash of Vinegar. On the side beat eggs (I did 2 eggs one egg white). While your soup is steadily simmering… begin stirring, and adding eggs very slowly while you stir. This will give them the fluffy “egg drop” soup feel. Add until all the egg is mixed in.
- Cook for 2 more mins, then serve!
Makes about 4 servings.
Inspired by this recipe.