5 minute Zucchini “Pasta”
This recipe could easily be RAW with some adjustments… but I didn’t want to dive in head first to the Zucchini “Pasta” pool.. so this isn’t.
You’ll need a spiral slicer or mandoline….or patience and a sharp knife. And a blender.
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Olive Oil (or more – this recipe is so light in calories, no need to worry here)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar (or other vinegar of your choice)
- 1 Roma Tomato chopped
- .5 of a green bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 – 3 teaspoons of THIS (It’s a sun-dried tomato pesto mix)
- Water (thin to desired sauce consistency – I added about 1/4 cup)
- OPTIONAL: Any Sweetener
- Cut your Zucchini. I used a mandoline set to Julienne, and carefully slid it length wise to cut long skinny “noodle” – like zucchini strands.
- For the sauce, in a blender combine all ingredients. Add the water slowly until you reach a desired consistency. OPTIONAL: I have liquid stevia, I added a few drops to my sauce, but it isn’t necessary. You can use any type of sweetener such as dates, honey, sugar. Feel free to toss in any other veggie scraps (I also added some celery to my second batch).
- Mix and serve cold!
To make this recipe raw:
I haven’t tried it yet, but using some sun dried tomatoes, basil, a bit more garlic, onion, and spices would get very close to the premixed sauce I bought… however this large jar was only 3.50… so I sprang for the easy method!