Lemon Cashew Asparagus Spread on homemade Flaxseed Crackers (Raw, Vegan, Soy Free, Gluten Free)
I sourced THIS recipe. But modified it quite a bit, and homemade some Flaxseed Crackers to put them on. For the flax seed cracker recipe click here. If you’re planning to make the crackers, don’t expect to eat this meal anytime soon. They take about 8 hours at least to dehydrate.
I’ve gotta admit this tastes good, but it tastes healthy. A lot of my food doesn’t taste like “health” food, it tastes rich and hearty. This feels light, and healthy. Still has a nice flavor profile, really good for you, and filling too, just not my favorite thing. But I enjoyed the flaxseed crackers a lot. I’ll def be making those more. They’re a great substitue for bread, and a good vessel to put things on.
For the spread:
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in 4 cups water for 4+ hours
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno chopped
- 15 spears asparagus (remove woody stubs of stem)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (eek I forgot to do this, this would’ve been nice, so you should add this)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Optional: I threw in some raw pistachios because I had them lying around
- Dried Dill, to taste
- Salt + Pepper to taste.
- Water as needed
- Take your presoaked cashews and add them to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add in oil, asparagus, spices, (and pistachios if you’re using them) and lemon. Begin blending your ingredients, this will need a bit of water to get to an ideal consistency, add slowly as needed, scraping the sides to ensure an even blend.
- Once you reach a desired consistency, remove from the processor and spread over flaxseed crackers! I let mine chill overnight before consuming (I had to make the flaxseed crackers). I also added some red onion, feel free to add any veggies as desired.
I photographed it like this because it looks nice…. and you can eat it like this.. but I honestly like it best open face with only one cracker! For the cracker recipe, click here.