Sage Lemon Ginger Soup – Vegan, Gluten Free (cleansing)
Many of us have been on…. quite a marathon of indulgence. Whatever you indulged on this Holiday season, probably did a number on your body. Time to apologize to it, and give it something it will like.
This soup is made of ingredients with endless benefits. Its a simple, easy recipe that will sooth the body.
Check out the benefits of each of the main ingredients:
Ginger: Promotes healthy circulation, Eases Nausea, Boosts the Immune system. Read more here
Garlic: Potassium, Boosts Immunity, can reduce cancer risk. Read more here
Lemon: Balances pH, clears skin, contains vitamin C. Read more here
Sage: Can have blood sugar-lowering effects in diabetics, antimicrobial, and calming. Read more here
- 4+ cups vegetable broth
- 1 or more cups water
- About an inch of ginger chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon + zest
- Olive Oil (as little or as much as you’d like – I added about a a table spoon)
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- Optional: Korean Noodles (Vermicelli or other noodle) or Rice
- In a pot combine all ingredients (except Vermicelli noodle if your opting for that) and bring to a boil, then reduce to a steady simmer for about 15+ mins. Taste the soup and add more water if you’d like.
- If you’re adding rice, cook along with the ingredients until completion. If you’re using a Vermicelli Noodle, just add 5 minutes before completion.
*I used my homemade vegetable broth, which may affect the taste of this soup, mine has a nice heartiness to it…. a store brand stock might need more seasoning!