Dehydrated Kale Chip Inspirations – Dill Pickle and Dijon
No point is posting a new pic here, they all look the same once they’re done. I try and dehydrate kale on a regular basis to keep a hearty green packed with iron constantly coming into my diet…. and I get tired of eating the same flavor over and over so I’ve been experimenting a bit. Just want to post this to inspire some flavor combos
Dill Pickle Kale Chips, sourced here
- Nutritional Yeast
- Soy Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- I used half a head of kale, because I was experimenting. I won’t give you exact measurements, but I did about 3 parts dill to 1 part Nutritional Yeast, about a teaspoon or so of Soy Sauce and a little bit of apple cider vinegar to thin it out (and/or water) enough to cover the kale. Mix this mixture together in a small bowl.
- Trim the kale into manageable pieces for dehydrating, drizzle and cover with EVOO (easiest if you use your hands).
- Spread the mixture over the kale, thin out if needed.
- Dehydrate for 6+ hours on 110
Dijon Kale Chips, can’t find where I got the inspiration from this one, sorry! Make claim if it’s yours.
- Dijon Mustard about 3 – 5 tbl spoons, depending on how covered you want your kale
- Apple Cider Vinegar (just enough to thin out paste)
- 1 – 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbls Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Mix all ingredients (except kale) in a small bowl. Use the apple cider to thin it out. You can use any other type of flour in the place of the Corn Starch, I dont even know if you need it, but the recipe I sourced had a flour in it, and I figured that was to keep the mixture on the kale.
- See above for the rest.