Curried Lentil Wrap with a Citrus Tahini Carrot Spread
So this is a frankenstein recipe inspired by two completely different recipes. I was inspired to make the wraps from one of my favorite blogs here.
I was also inspired by This recipe from one of my other favorite sites.
My decisions for this recipe were based on a few things. I like each recipe, but wanted to combine them in some way (I didn’t want a raw wrap completely). I also wanted to only make ONE stop to the store, and that was going to be the Korean Market, they do not have quinoa. So Lentil’s it was. The other ingredients are kind of just… whim decisions. But, if I do say so myself… it turned out fantastic.
Ingredients for Curried Lentils
- 1 cup cooked Lentils (follow instructions on bag)
- 1 – 2 t Curry Powder
- 1 T Curry Paste (I used red)
- Olive Oil
- Raw Honey (You can use Maple Syrup, Agave, or other sweetner, or none at all)
- 1 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- Optional: T of Coconut Milk
Ingredients for the Citrus Tahini Carrot Spread
- ~1 T Tahini or more (If you make your own, use about 1/4 cup of Sesame Seeds, roasted, and blended with a bit of water and oil until thin)
- Satsuma Orange (or other orange)
- Half a Lemon Juiced
- Greens (I used some kale)
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 t of apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch of ginger chopped
- 2 t honey
You will also need a wrap – I used Nori. You can use anything you’d like. Plus any other veggies. I added Yellow Bell Pepper, I recommend some Avocado as well (Mine aren’t ripe yet).
Directions for Citrus Tahini Carrot Spread (Make this First so it can chill while you cook the rest)
- I’m going to keep this simple. Mix all ingredients together. I juiced about half the orange, then chopped up the rest, so there would be little bits in it as well. I ripped apart a piece of Kale into little pieces.
Directions for Curried Lentils
- Coat a pan with EVOO and heat to medium. Add lentils, Curry Paste and Powder, mix well and cook for a couple minutes.
- I added Coconut Milk here (to make it a little liquidy and I thought it would be good but you can probably just use a little bit of water or nothing at all).
- Mix in Honey and Vinegar. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- If you’re using Nori, take a sheet and fold it back and forth, then it should rip (almost) cleanly in half.
- Place a thin layer of the carrot spread, add other veggies in thin slices, Add a thin layer of lentils. Leaving a bit on each edge.
- Roll as tightly as you can, wet the wrap and seal it. I dont do this part well, but I don’t really care it falls apart in my face as I gourge myself on it. And I enjoy every second!!!
My picture isn’t great, so I made it small 😛