Raw Chocolate Fudge – Easy!
So this recipe is all over the web with many variations…. I’ll just share mine 🙂
I’ve noticed, Cacao being incorporated in my diet makes me feel substantially and noticeably more energetic. (So try to avoid gobbling these up before bed, they can keep you up).
I like to consume Cacao in some raw form early in the day. I find that it has completely replaced any need for coffee.
This makes 6 ice cube sized pieces (and they are very sweet)
- 4+ T Raw Chocolate Cacao
- Raw Honey (to taste – I used about 3 T)
- About 3 – 4 T Coconut Oil
- 1/4 c water
- 3 medjool dates (soaked for about 30 mins)
- Optional: Nuts (Hazelnut, Almond, etc)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth. It helps to warm the Honey and Oil slightly to liquify it. You can do this by setting the jars in hot water. If also helps if the water you add is hot. Most recipes don’t call for water, but most recipes don’t call for dates, and I wanted to liquify them a bit, so I added the water.
- Remove from blender at transfer to a bowl. Taste, add more of any ingredient as you see fit.
- Spoon the mixture into ice cube trays. I added some raw almond slivers into a few of mine.
- Freeze. They will be ready in about 15 minutes. Then they store well in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them!
- To remove from the tray, let them sit out for a few minutes, and they should slide out easily like an ice cube. If you’re having trouble getting them out, run a knife under hot water, then run it along the side of the chunk your trying to remove, this should pry it out.