Raw Flax Zucchini Wrap stuffed with Spicy Quinoa and Tangy Carrot & Kale Slaw
Ingredients for Tangy Carrot & Kale Slaw
- 2 Carrots Shredded
- 1 T Lime Juice
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 T Coconut Milk
- 2 t Fresh Dill (or dried)
- 1 T Raw Honey
- 1 cup chopped Kale (I gave my kale a good time by massaging it lightly – Why?)
- 1 Green Onion Chopped
- .5 – .75 inch of Ginger Chopped
Ingredients for Raw Wrap
- 4 – 5 T Flax Meal
- 1 – 2 T Flax Seeds
- 1 Zucchini
- Herbs (I used some fresh parsley and italian spices)
- Raw Honey
- Coconut Oil
- Water as Needed to Thin
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 T Siracha (or more to taste)
- Wasabi Powder
Pre Recipe Prep (The Raw Wrap – you will need to do this a day in advance)
Warning: This was my first attempt at the wrap and it didn’t turn out great, it had holes in certain areas, due to it not being thick enough and/or an imbalance of Flax Meal to Zucchini. I highly suggest googling “Raw Zucchini Wrap” to find a recipe from a pro. However, it was usable and tasted great. So onward!
- If you do not have a dehydrator, or you do not want to do this step, simply skip it, and wrap it in anything you desire, however the flavor of the wrap definitely brings this full circle for me. You can buy premade raw wraps at specialty health stores. (if you want to spend an arm for it).
- Roughly Chop 1 Zucchini, throw it in blender and blend. Then Add the remainder of the ingredients slowly, being sure to scrape the sides of the blender so everything gets blended together well. It helps if you soak your Coconut Oil jar in hot water to liquify it first, same with the honey. I added a bit of water as needed throughout blending to thin it out, careful not to make it too thin.
- Line your nonstick sheet about 1/8+ inch thick as evenly as possible. Don’t be afraid of it looks a little on the thick side, the Zucchini shrinks down a lot. Dehydrate for 4 – 5 hours, flipping halfway through, it should be ready to flip at about the 2.5 to 3 hour mark. It make seem gooey and thin, but get a spatula and slide it under, at this point its more sturdy than it seems.
- I’m not positive, but I assume if you dehydrate too long you’ll loose the elasticity of the wrap, so avoid over night dehydration.
Directions for Tangy Carrot Slaw
- Simply combine all ingredients and let chill while you do the rest of the prep.
Directions for Quinoa (Omit for raw recipe)
On days I’m working out, I like to keep my protein intake higher, since I’m not ballin, and can’t afford tons of nuts to make various nut patés.
- Place cooked quinoa in a small pan, heat with 1 T of Coconut Oil. Add Siracha and Wasabi Powder and sizzle for a few minutes.
- Done 🙂
- Take your wrap and place Quinoa mixture down, add your carrot & Kale Slaw, and top it off with a bit more fresh kale.
- Wrap it up and Enjoy 🙂
I swear this recipe is less daunting than it looks. I just wish it took longer to scarf down -_-