Lemon Ginger Sage Hot & Sour Soup with Mung Bean Sprouts & Quinoa
I know, that title is a bit much, but it all needed to be said 🙂 ‘
This makes 1 LARGE bowl for one very hungry girl….or two average bowls for a normal person
- 1 T Oil (I used coconut, but EVOO works just fine)
- 6 cups of Veggie Broth
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 average lemons
- Siracha or Chili Paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- about 2 cups mung beans (or two handfuls…as I like to measure)
- half a cup uncooked Quinoa
- dash of apple cider vinegar
- Heat Oil over medium heat and add Veggie Broth cooking to a steady simmer, add Garlic, Ginger, Juice of 2 Lemons, vinegar, and siracha to taste (I used probably about 1/2 T). Also add your Mung Bean Sprouts and Uncooked Quinoa.
- Cook at a low boil for about 15 minutes, to allow quinoa to cook through. Add Green onions with about 5 minutes left. (I think its good if you save some for fresh garnish too).
- Top with some Sage and Green Onions, and serve!