Spinach Coconut Soup – Gluten Free & Vegan
I used this recipe as inspiration, but my measurements were fairly different: http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2013/01/coconut-spinach-soup.html
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Veggie Broth
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Bunch Spinach
- 2 t Cumin
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 of an onion chopped, about a cup.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
Optional: Save about a 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and mix it with cilantro to drizzle over the soup when it is finished.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Cook Onions and Garlic until translucent (about 4 minutes). Add Cumin and Stir.
- Add 1/2 cup Water and your Spinach. Cover and wilt for about 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the Vegetable Broth, and Vinegar simmer for about 5 minutes. Using a slated spoon, remove contents of your soup (Onions & Spinach) into a blender and liquify. Return the blended mixture to the pot. (Or just use an emulsion blender if you have one).
- Add coconut milk and salt and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Optional: Mix about 1/4 cup of coconut milk with a T of chopped cilantro and drizzle over soup when you serve!