Easy Frittata with Kale, Spinach, Tomato, Red Bell Pepper, Shallot & Goat Cheese with Homemade Hot Sauce!
This recipe was my inspiration and bones to my recipe. I changed things up a bit. I had a bit of Dinosaur Kale lying around I needed to use, I opted for Shallot for taste. I recommend keeping the Kale in this recipe as it’s flavor goes REALLY well, in fact in the future I might just do all dino Kale. You can throw anything into a frittata, this would be a good recipe if you were looking for a way to use up veggies.
You need a nice nonstick pan that can cook stovetop then move to the oven. Such as THIS one, which I use.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 7 eggs (This is suitable for a large 12 in pan)
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Kale (I used Dinosaur)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes sliced into circles
- 1 Log of Goat Cheese (4 OZ)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- Herbs (I used Oregano, Pepper & Parsley)
- Preheat Oven to about 400F.
- Pepare your egg mixture first. Beat your eggs together with the goat cheese (Crumble the goat cheese). I reserved a bit of the goat cheese to crumble over the top. Add in your herbs to this mixture.
- Heat your Skillet drizzled with Oil over Medium Heat. Add Shallot and Bell Pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add your spinach and Kale, cover and cook until slightly wilted. About 2 minutes.
- Pour over your Egg Mixture and mix around a bit to make sure your egg mixture is even in the pan. (It looked shallow to me, don’t be alarmed it does puff up more than expected).
- Place Tomato slices over the top evenly. Cover and cook until eggs are slightly set (about 2 – 4 minutes). Crumble goat cheese on top if you saved any.
- Place in oven uncovered on 400F until slightly browning on top (About 10 minutes – but keep an eye on it after 5 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn).
- Once it is finished, it should fairly easily slide out of your pan. I topped it with my homemade hot sauce (similar to cholula) recipe which is described here. The hot sauce takes 1 minute to make and is super easy to prepare while your Frittata is in the oven, and I think it goes perfectly with it.
I like this recipe because it feels like i’m eating a pizza..hah. I recommend not eating this on a day with light activity as it does have egg & cheese. This is good for days you’re working out, going on a hike..etc.