Found the recipe here: Choosing Raw. I’ll note the ingredients I opted for as the site gives options. I also ran out of apple cider vinegar (WHAT?!), so I couldn’t use it.
- Braggs Amino
- Water (Should’ve been apple cider vinegar)
- 1 T Chili Powder
- Honey (alternatives were Agave or Maple)
- 1 T Smoked Paprika (Option was to omit, or use liquid smoke).
- 3 Large Portobello Mushrooms sliced 1/4 in thick
- In a large bowl (I opted for tupperware so I could toss it up every so often), combine all ingredients. I used really rough amounts of the liquid, enough to marinade with, I did about 1 part water to 5 parts braggs, the braggs is strong so be sure to dilute. Marinade for 4+ hours.
- Dehydrate for 4 hours at 115F
These were a big hit in my office. I even got two mushroom haters to try them, and they loved them! If you like Teriyaki Jerky, this is very similar. Even if you don’t usually like mushrooms, I highly recommend giving these a try. They’re good alone, or they’d be really good in a salad, a wrap or anything you want to add a kick of flavor to, and a nice meaty texture.