Death and Raw Spicy Avocado Zucchini Pasta
So aside from being a graphic designer and a food blogger, I’m a human just like you. I’ve spent the weekend dealing with death, and couldn’t really find it in me to fall asleep. So I cooked instead.
Spent the weekend with my family, notably my grandfather. He’s on his deathbed (literally, he’s in bed, essentially waiting to die). He is complaining of the deep relentless pain of cancer in his entire body. Crying at the thought of not seeing his great grandchild being born in less than 9 months. Wishing he could go back to his favorite moments. Dreaming every night of summer in the sun, and how he’ll never see another one. I’m sorry to be a downer, but I think it is good to hear about death from time to time, instead of hiding from it. It reminds us how truly alive we are, and how precious that is.
I asked him if he was afraid. He said no, which made me feel better, wether it was true or not.
I hope you let go peacefully soon grandpa.
Something about this recipe felt right, it was raw and painful, kind of like my weekend.
Raw Spicy Avocado Zucchini Pasta
Inspired by this recipe
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, spiralized or julienned into noodles
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno chopped + Seeds
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- Raw White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except the Bell Pepper, Sesame Seeds and Zucchini. Use as many Jalapeno seeds as desired for heat. I used close to half, it was fairly spicy.
- Pour over Zucchini Noodles, mix, sprinkle with Sesame Seeds, add Bell Pepper and Serve