Delicious and healthy snack! Wasabi Roasted Chickpea & Sunflower Seed Cluster!
This beauty came out of a random early morning cooking session. This was a spin off of my previous recipe for Wasabi Roasted Chickpeas, but I’ll do the breakdown here too. These are a little sweet, and a lot of unexpected kick!
- 1 T Rice Flour
- 1 T Wasabi Powder
- 1/2 T Mustard Powder or more if you’re daring)
- small amount of sweetener (I used a few stevia drops)
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Prep your chickpeas by drizzling them in olive oil and apple cider vinegar, toss and spread onto a pan covered with Parchment paper, giving them some space to breath. Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to avoid any burning.
- Prep your coating while these are cooking. Mix together Flour, Wasabi & Mustard Powder, and Sweetener. Add about 1 T of Apple Cider Vinegar, and add water slowly to reach a nice paste, should be thin enough to coat chickpeas, but not so thin it is runny.
- Once Chickpeas are finished, carefully remove them from the oven, Transfer them into a bowl with the coating, add sunflower seeds, and generously coat! (If you find yourself not having enough coating, simply mix up a bit more, I was loose with measurements here. Also, careful with the mustard powder, when I was mixing it, I got a wave of the fumes in my eyes and I was in tears for a moment.)
- Return to pan (you can reuse the parchment). It is good to let them clump here, so they become delicious little clusters! Cook for about 10 – 15 minutes more.
- Remove, let cool slightly, enjoy! (If you save some of these, I recommend popping them back in the oven to reheat, they’re BEST a little warm – but just fine cool too!)