Kale & Zucchini Salad with a Creamy Asian Inspired Garlic Dressing (Raw, Vegan)
Kale Salads, it’s easy to say I’m obsessed, but I’m always looking to try something new. I decided to try mixing in some julienne sliced zucchini, and making a “Creamy” dressing.
Ingredients (2 good portions)
- Half a Head of Kale (massaged – no really. do it)
- 3 Zucchini or 2 if they’re large – spiralized or julienne
- 1 T Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 T Raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 T Braggs Amino
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T water
- 1 – 2 T Cilantro
- 2 – 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 T minced ginger
- 1/2 T or less Oil
- 1 Lime Juiced
- In a blender, combine Braggs, Apple Cider Vinegar, Lime Juice, Water, Oil, Cilantro, Garlic Sesame Seeds and Ginger. Blend. Slowly add your Sunflower seeds until you reach the desired consistency. I used about a tablespoon or so.
- Take your massaged Kale, Mix it with the Zucchini, pour dressing over and Mix. Top with extra nuts if desired.
This is by far the most filling “salad” I’ve ever eaten the nut based dressing really helps, and the zucchini and kale together are a powerhouse. It’s also the first time my coworkers have said “MMM what is that SMELL!” to just a salad… 🙂 beware, this dressing is garlicy, so don’t consume before getting cozey with someone 😉 Unless they really love you, or garlic, or both.