Raw Vegan Chocolate Coconut Ice…Cream? Extremely Easy!
I use the term ‘cream’ lightly as it isn’t creamy at all, but saying “chocolate icy” sounds weird to me. Basically its a super refreshing for a hot day, chocolately treat that feels like ice cream! This was inspired by the market Erewhon in Los Angeles. My friend bought a Chocolate Ice cream adorned with cacao nibs and goji berries. While my version lacks the delicious additives, it’s silly how easy it is (and cheap!)
- 1 T Chocolate Cacao Powder
- 1 T Coconut Milk (From what I’ve read, canned is now Raw, so Omit for Raw).
- 1 T Coconut Oil
- 1 t Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean (Optional)
- Sweetener to taste (Honey, Medjool Dates or Stevia)
- 1 T Water
- In a blender, add Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Water, Sweetener, Vanilla and Raw Cacao Powder and blend.
- Add Ice (I used about 6 – 8 cubes or so). Pulse the blender until crushed. Be sure to just pulse and ice crush, or else your blender will heat your mixture too fast and you will melt your delicious mixture!
- Eat immediately! This melts fast.