Tangy Raw Wraps
These feel like a Vegan “tuna” salad wrap, but I avoid using that term since some people are turned off by the taste and idea of tuna…or don’t want a “fake tuna”.. But whether or not you like tuna, you’ll love this fresh, tangy raw wrap. And you’ll feel amazing after you gobble it up 🙂 Based on this from the amazing 9-cup-challenge blog.
If you’re nervous or unfamiliar about celery or radishes, don’t be! I usually am, especially raw, but the flavors go beautifully together. Also, keep the radish greens. I have a delicious recipe coming up with them next!
- Collard Green Leafs Trimmed
- 1 C Sunflower Seeds Soaked overnight
- 1 C Almonds Soaked overnight and skins peeled off.
- 1 – 2 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 6 Radishes, Chopped
- 1 Large Lemon + Zest
- 1/2 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 t Nori, cut up (or kelp flakes, or other sea based item)
- 1 – 2 t Sesame Seeds
- Dash of Salt
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 2 t Thyme
- Dash of Curry Powder
- 1/4 C Pearl Onions Chopped (a sweet onion would work here too)
- I Also used my Vegan Ranch (Not Raw) Recipe here
- Place Sunflower Seeds and Almonds in a food processor. Pulse until flakey like tuna. Place in a separate bowl.
- Add Celery, Pearl Onions and Radishes to the nut/seed mixture.
- In a separate bowl make the dressing. Combine Lemon Juice, Zest, Sesame Seeds, Salt, Pepper, Curry Powder and Water and mix.
- Add to your dressing to the main bowl and mix.
- Prepare your collard green leaf by trimming the stem. If you’re unfamiliar with this process, check here, this blog goes into nice picture detail.
- If you’re using the Vegan Ranch, Spread thin on the leaf, then add this mixture and wrap up, like you would a burrito.