Sweet Cinnamon Purple Yams – dehydrator recipe
To be honest, I can’t really tell the big difference (aside form obvious color) between this and a regular sweet potato. The taste, at least dehydrated, is fairly similar. So I’d safe it’s safe to assume you could do this with a regular white sweet potato. The one benefit over regular sweet potatoes, from what I read, is that it is a slightly better source of Healthy Carbohydrates. But the differences are negligible.
These are thick, almost like a wafer cookie, and taste sweet.
- 1 large Purple Yam (can use other sweet potato/yam)
- Optional: Stevia or other sweetener
- Cut Yam on 1/8 in Cut on a Mandolin (or cut very thin slices). Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix about a Tablespoon or so (whatever you think is sufficient to lightly coat the amount of yam slices you have). Mix in 2 t of Cinnamon and a bit of sweetener.
- Toss coating over Yams place in dehydrator and dehydrate at 135F for 8 – 10 hrs. For Raw, keep at 115, dehydrate longer, or cut thinner slices.
I actually tossed mine in oil THEN coated it with cinnamon (which is why these look the way they do), but that ended up being a little heavy handed, so I advise the way I suggested instead!