Hot Curried Brown Rice & Quinoa with a Cool Cucumber Sauce
This is another variation of the Curried Quinoa Wraps! This version is vegetarian, but not Vegan, due to the use of Greek Yogurt. To keep vegan, feel free to use only coconut milk. My Collard greens just weren’t functioning well as wraps, and I had similar ingredients I needed to get rid of while I was staying with my boyfriends family so hence the similar recipes. I recommend a nice Hot Curry Paste, as it will compliment the cooling sauce well. Mine wasn’t nearly as hot as I would’ve liked.
- 1/2 C Cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 C Cooked Rice
- 1 Cucumber (I used a persian)
- 1/2 C Coconut Milk
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 T Fresh Parsley (or more to taste)
- 1/2 T Dried Dill (or more to taste)
- 1 t Pepper
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 2 Collard Greens
- 1 – 2 T Curry Paste (Hot)
- Veggies, whatever you have will work, I used Radish, Peas, Celery and Collard Greens, about 1/2 C of each
- Feel free too add anything you want to add heat, such as cayenne or chili flakes.
- In a Large Pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add Quinoa, Rice, Veggies (if you’re adding any greens, wait, add these later), Curry Paste and 1/4 C Coconut Milk. Saute for about 5 minutes or until veggies are to desired tenderness.
- Meanwhile, Mix the sauce on the side in a separate bowl. Combine 1/4 C Coconut Milk with 1/2 C Greek Yogurt, Dill, Pepper, Garlic Powder and minced Parsley. Add thinly sliced cucumbers and let chill while you finish cooking your dish.
- Add Greens, Cook for about 5 more minutes on low heat.
- To serve, place your mixture over a bed of fresh collard greens, and top with your fresh Cucumber Sauce. Ensure you get a few cucumber slices and garnish with fresh Parsley.