Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Herbed ‘Honey’ Mustard Dipping Sauce (Vegan)
A classic, and definitely not an original recipe… but tasty and blog worthy none-the-less. I don’t know if my dipping sauce exists as a recipe online, but I can’t imagine the simple combination doesn’t already exist. As you probably noticed it is a “honey” mustard sauce. A lot of Vegans do not consider Honey a truly Vegan food, so in respect to that, mine substitues Agave for Honey.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4 as Appetizer/Side)
- 4 Small-ish Sweet Potatoes
- Corn Startch (optional – helps crisp the fries)
- Olive Oil
- 2 T Mustard (I just used plain Yellow)
- 1 T Agave
- .5 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 t Dill
- 1 t Parsley
- Preheat your Oven to 450F.
- Cut your sweet potatoes up into small fry shapes. In a large bowl toss your fries with just a drizzle of Olive Oil and a drizzle of Corn Startch. Toss well until coated and no Corn Startch is visible.
- Line up fries on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper. Give them some space; Try and avoid crowding them. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and finish for 8 – 10 minutes (keep an eye on them past 8 minutes). (If you’re too lazy to flip them all perfectly, like I was, just give them a good toss around on the pan. Mine were overlapping at that point, and they still crisped up for the most part).
- Repeat as necessary until all your fries are cooked!
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix Mustard, Agave, Apple Cider Vinegar, Dill and Parsley.
- Serve together and Enjoy!