Tribute to Vegan Pad Thai – and a lack of the correct ingredients….
I originally set out to do a version of this recipe. I’m new to town and really unfamiliar with the grocery stores. And as you may or may not experience in your own city – not every store has ingredients for asian dishes, such as flat rice noodles or bean sprouts… so while lacking two staple ingredients, but having all the others, I wanted to do something like what I had planned… so I just went forward anyway…
- 2 C Brown Rice Cooked
- 1 C Quinoa Cooked
- .5 C Frozen Peas
- 1 C Green Beans, ends removed and chopped in half
- 1 C Asparagus, ends removed and chopped in thirds
- 3 T more Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 T Red Curry Paste
- Half Can of Coconut Milk (or if your store has the mini cans, use one of those)
- Tamari – to Taste (1/4 C or less)
- 1 T Brown Sugar
- Sriracha – about 2 T or more for heat
- 1 – 3 T Red Pepper Flakes as desired for more heat
- 2 cloves garlic
- Oil of Choice
- In a large skillet saute Garlic over Medium Heated Oil for 1 minute. Add in your chopped veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix your curry paste into your coconut milk then add to skillet. and let simmer for 5 minutes, letting it reduce slightly.
- Add in your Cooked Rice & Quinoa and mix everything together well.
- Add in Tamari, Sriracha, Peanut Butter, Brown Sugar and Red Pepper Flakes and mix. Cook until everything is heated through and combined. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed, you may need more peanut butter or Tamari depending on taste!