Mexican Pizza – Vegetarian & Gluten Free – Warning Not a Normal Healthy Recipe!!!
This is definitely a Hungry Boyfriend MEAL! I made a light Vegetable Salad tonight for dinner, and knew there was no chance that would fill up my boyfriend, especially since it contains broccoli which he isn’t a fan of. So be forewarned!! This is not one of my typical healthier meals, however I will offer up substitues along the way to improve on this recipe and make it a little more health friendly.
Ingredients (as shown – with advised healthier subs)
- Cheddar Cheese (you can use light cheese, or a lower fat, vegan cheese etc to help improve this)
- 1 C Long Grain White Rice (Brown Rice)
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Onion, Chopped
- Carrot Greens (or Kale or any Green, I just had this on hand)
- Corn Tortillas (You could attempt to make this without the Tortillas)
- 2 Eggs – beaten
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt/Regular Yogurt
- 1/2 Hot Sauce of your Choice (I used Valentina)
- Cooked Refried Beans (I had a leftover can from camping, trader joes vegetarian brand)
- You can cook the Spanish Rice as normal, or you can use my cheat method. Place white rice + appropriate water amount into rice cooker. Add in the can of tomato paste and mix well. Pop it on and let it do its thing! (its not as good as regular spanish rice – but for the purpose of a crust it does just fine!)
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line a pan with Parchment Paper.
- Prepare your drizzle while your rice is cooking by combining Juice of 1 Lime, Yogurt & Hot Sauce. Chill.
- When your rice is finished, add the two beaten eggs into your rice and mix well.
- Now you can now begin to build the pizza. Place about 3 – 4 Corn Tortillas down, I cut some of mine in half and overlapped a bit to help the crust. Then place your Spanish Rice down in a nice flattened even layer. Next add your Refried Beans, then Cheese, Onions, Greens.
- Next add your seasoning. I just did a light shake over the entire pizza of each spice: Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Oregano, Salt and Cumin. Enough to give it a nice layer of seasoning.
- Pop into the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes, Dont let the Cheese Burn. When finished, remove and let slightly cool, cut into pizza sized slices drizzle with your sauce and Serve!
::mouth waters:: … must…not….eat….boyfriend…food….will..get..fat…