Quinoa & Veggie Salad with a Lemon Dill Yogurt Dressing
Some of my favorite recipes are those that require little to no cooking, but still gives you the rewarding sensation of eating a delicious meal. Bonus points if its healthy! Inspired here. I amped mine up a bit to make it function a little more as a meal by adding Quinoa. This would work really well as a side if you’re trying to feed hungrier individuals.. but it also works as a lighter refreshing lunch. It’s also a great way to get through some vegetables and prepare a large quantity for a few days worth of lunch.
Ingredients (serves 2 – 3 meal portions)
- 1 Cucumber Seeds removed & Chopped
- 1 Head of Broccoli Chopped Small
- 1 Bell Pepper Chopped (any kind – I went with the cheapest, green)
- 1 C Cooked Quinoa (I used red, but any will do)
- 4 – 5 Carrots + greens if you have it
- 1.5 C Yogurt (Greek or Regular Low Fat)
- 1 – 2 T Dill (I used freeze dried)
- 1 t Parsley
- 1 t Celery Seed
- 1 t Ground Coriander
- 1/4 C Lemon Juice
- Salt to Taste
- Optional: Apple Cider Vinegar to taste I love acidity in dressings, but it’s not for everyone, taste your dressing and decide if you want to add it at the end
- I put the Yogurt, Lemon & Spices in a large bowl first and mixed that together first, then I simply threw in all the chopped veggies and the Quinoa in and mixed well until combined!
- Serve Chilled. Or you can serve it with the quinoa right out of the cooker and have it a little warm which was nice.
I didn’t think about this until I was writing it, but I think celery would be super delicious in this.