Green Thai Curry Vegan Collard Wraps – Brown Rice, Quinoa & Veggies
Can’t say these were inspired by anything in particular, mainly just an attempt to try something new with the ingredients I had lying around. This is a big recipe, serves about 4 – 5. You will need two skillets, or I advise cutting the recipe in half. I used the structure of a traditional Green Curry, and made substitues based on what I already had, or could easily get. So feel free to look into a more traditional Green Curry, if you don’t have some of the things I used.
Ingredients for Green Curry Paste/Sauce
- 1 C Green Chard (Or 1/2 C Thai Basil)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Half an Onion Chopped
- Chili Garlic Paste (or 4 – 5 Thai Chilis)
- 1 – 2 T Green Thai Curry Seasoning (or paste)
- 1/4 C – 1/2 C Coconut Milk
Ingredients for Wrap
- Collard Greens
- 2 C Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 C Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Bunch Mustard Greens
- 4 – 5 Carrots Chopped (I used purple, which is what you’re seeing in the picture)
- 5 Golden Beets Peeled and chopped
- ~ 2 – 3 C Green Beans Chopped (I used a bout two handfuls)
- Half an Onion
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat a little Oil of your choice in a large skillet, add in the chopped Carrots, Beets and Green Beans. Cook, stirring occasionally until getting close to desired tenderness, I usually keep them fairly crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in your other skillet. Lightly brown an entire Onion and Garlic for the Green Curry Sauce. Once browned, add HALF the onion and all the garlic into a blender/food processor along with all other Green Curry Paste Ingredients. Add water as needed to thin the sauce a bit. Add as much Chili Paste as desired for heat. Taste and adjust as needed, you may need salt, but my green curry seasoning already contains it.
- Transfer the rest of your onion into the veggie skillet. Now put about 1/4 C Water (or less, just enough to make your greens wilty) in the empty skillet and throw in your chopped mustard greens and wilt.
- Now all your parts are ready to be combined. Divide the veggies evenly between the two skillets and add in Brown Rice and Quinoa equally to both skillets.
- Now add in your sauce to both skillets and mix well until combined and covered in Green Curry Sauce. Add Red Pepper Flakes for extra heat and cook until heated through.
- For assembly, place your mixture into a Collard Green that has been trimmed of its stem (to make it easier to fold – look up de-ribbing collard greens for wraps if you are unfamiliar with this). Wrap up and enjoy!