Lime Tofu Miso Soup with Brussel Sprouts
Despite the fact that my boyfriend still thinks soup can’t be a meal, I’d argue that this can be. Despite what feels like a meal, this certainly holds up when it comes to nutritional necessity from a meal. It contains vital protein from the Miso & Tofu, & packed with Greens from the Brussel Sprouts. This is a super quick and easy recipe.
Inspired by this recipe
Ingredients (Serves 3 Large Portions)
- .5 – 1 Can of Coconut Milk (I simply didn’t have a full can to use – but it would be fine either way)
- 4 – 5 C Veggie Broth (I use homemade, so I also add water, but if you’re using store-bought, do not dilute)
- Half Pound of Brussel Sprouts Thinly Sliced
- 5 – 6 Fresh Limes Juiced (The soup relies on fresh lime taste, so avoid using bottled concentrate kinds)
- 4 Green Onions Chopped
- 2 large slices of Ginger (for flavor, not for consumption – skin can remain on) + 1 inch minced, without skin
- 1/4 C Braggs/Tamari
- Sesame Seeds – Plain or Roasted (optional)
- 1/2 – 3/4 Block of Firm Tofu
- 2 – 3 T Miso
- 1/2 T Oil of Choice (Sesame or Olive recommended)
- Begin by bringing the Veggie Broth to a boil in a large pot along with the Ginger. Then reduce to a steady simmer and cover for 5 minutes.
- Next add in the Coconut Milk, Tamari, Oil, Green Onions (reserve some for garnish) and Tofu. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Finally add in the thinly sliced Brussel Sprouts and cook for a few minutes more.