Veggie Hand Rolls – Family Style
Inspired by a dish that I used to love at Koriente… but then I realized for 7 bucks I could make about 4 TIMES the amount you would get in the restaurant! Don’t get me wrong, the portion you get at the restaurant is huge, but these fresh ingredients are super affordable! I’ll list exactly what I personally used in this recipe, but you can literally chop up anything you have on hand, or whatever is on sale and easy for you to get a hold of.
Side note – Koriente is amazing and will still get plenty of my business for their other delicious plates in which I cannot easily make at home 🙂 If you haven’t been, and you live in Austin, do yourself a favor!
Koriente also offers an add on of Hummus, which is a super delicious and great way to add protein to this dish, I just didn’t want to spend extra on it, and I didn’t feel like homemaking hummus! I added Bean Sprouts to provide some extra protein alongside the Avocado.
I didn’t use up some of the ingredients completely, so I’ll be making a variation of this dish again tonight.
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
- 1.5 C Bean Sprouts
- 1.5 C Cooked Brown Rice
- Rice Vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- Half a small head of Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 Large Bell Pepper – matchstick cut
- 1 Large Avocado thin cut
- 1 Small Cucumber – matchstick cut
- 4 – 5 Sheets of Nori, cut into 4th’s
- Collard Greens (rib trimmed) – Optional
- Ginger (fresh or powder)
- Marinate your Bean Sprouts in Apple Cider Vinegar, Minced Garlic and a bit of Ginger (if you can do this ahead of time great! If not just put it in a tupperware and give it a good shake around to coat everything nicely.
- When your rice is done cooking, lightly salt it and add a splash of rice vinegar and mix together.
- Chop everything small enough to fit nicely into a handroll, they’re small so you want to be able to get a little of everything into one if desired!
- Serve on large plates family style served with individual servings of Wasabi-Soy Sauce.
You see: Carrots, Mung Bean Noodles, Cabbage, Hummus, Daikon marinated in Rice Vinegar and Garlic, Avocado