Italian Kalamata Cheesy Flat Bread (Socca) – Gluten Free/Vegan – 5 Ingredients – and ready in under 10 minutes!
Ok, it’s safe to say I’m going garbanzo bean flour crazy. I’m not afraid to show it!! It’s just so easy, and its satisfying the gluttonous-former-gluten-lover that still creeps inside of me. I also learned that what I’m making is more normally known as Socca 🙂 I seriously could not be having more fun experimenting with this.
My boyfriend: “ew I hate olives!!”
Good more for me. I love olives, especially Kalamata!! Anything soaked in vinegar is a friend of mine.
- 4 Kalamata Olives Chopped
- 2 T Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 2 T Water (maybe more)
- Nutritional Yeast (If you don’t have this, and aren’t particular about vegan, and don’t mind the added fat – normal cheese would obviously work just fine here )
- Italian Spices (Is this cheating to keep it under 5?)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Meanwhile, blend a few pinches of nutritional yeast, garbanzo bean flour, water and italian spices. Consistency should be a bit thinner than pancake batter. Use more water if needed to thin.
- Add batter to the hot pan in an even circle-ish shape. Place sliced olives on top and gently and carefully press them in slightly, add a few more pinches of nutritional yeast. Reduce heat to medium. Let sit for about 2 minutes, or until edges rise from the pan. It will be easily flip-able when it’s ready.
- Flip, finish off for another minute or so. and serve olive side up!
Pair this with either a delicious homemade marinara, or balsamic!