Roasted Beet and Quinoa Quesadilla
I simply had extra roasted beet slices on hand, but if you don’t want to spend 20 minutes roasting beets just for a Quesadilla, you can definitely just throw the slices in raw. If you want to ditch the cheese and still get that cheese flavor try mixing Nutritional Yeast with a Raw Nut Butter or Tahini for a fast solution.
I know, your mouth is watering. Wipe that drool off your keyboard and get cookin, this one is an easy one!!
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- Cheese or Vegan Cheese Mixture as described above
- 1 Small Beet Thinly Sliced
- .25 C Quinoa Cooked
- Mexican Seasoning
- Peel beet and thinly slice. Place on greased baking sheet and cook for about 10 – 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the quinoa and mexican spices, but don’t stir, let crisp for about a minute. Then stir and let crisp for additional minute or so, then remove from Pan.
- Heat Oil over Medium-High Heat, once hot, add your Tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, then a bit of quinoa and a few Beet Slices. Fold over and cook until golden crisp on the outsides.
- Repeat until you have desired amount of delicious Quesadillas and serve!
I served mine with a Greek Yogurt Dip with Salt, Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Parsley and Dill.