Last Minute 4th of July Snack Idea? Healthier Asian Inspired Potato-less Salad
Our kitchen smells like it could be leaking gas somewhere, so to avoid blowing ourselves to the sky, I decided to make a quick, yet satisfying no-stove recipe. This was the result. It’s super easy and can be done as fast as you can cook rice. (That is… if you have a rice cooker – come on you’ve gotta have one by now it’s so convenient and cheap!!)
- 2 Cans Organic Chickpeas
- 3/4 C Greek Yogurt
- Few Squirts of Mustard (very little)
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sriracha (as much as you like for heat – around 1/4 C was good for me)
- 3 Green Onions Chopped
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 1 C Chopped & Massaged Kale
- ~1 T Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 T Dill
- Few Dashes of Parsley
- Salt & Pepper (I used cracked peppercorns)
- 1.5 C Cooked Brown Rice
- In a large bowl combine ALL ingredients. With a masher, mash until about 1/4 – 1/2 the mixture is mashed.
- I combined mine with the rice right out of the cooker, which made everything lightly warm which was nice, but it would also be good served cold or room temp.
- Taste and adjust spices/heat as needed.