Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes (Packed with Protein!)
The main ingredient to this pancake is………..chickpea flour! With other additions such as Chia, Flax and Cacao, its packed with essentials for a good morning, and leaves out the ingredients that weigh you down. Note: Mine had a bit of a doughier texture than normal pancakes. I’m still working out the exact measurements to get them closer to normal pancakes.
Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4)
- 3/4 C Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 T Coconut Flour
- 1 T Raw Cacao
- 1 T Chia & Flax (I used this blend) but you could easily add about 1/2 T of flax and chia powder)
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1/4 C Agave (You can also use some stevia – this helps get away from the bean-y dough flavor)
- Optional: Maple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add water slowly as needed until you reach a consistency slightly thicker than traditional Pancake Batter. Mix well until all chunks are gone.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat with a little oil.
- Cook like you would a normal pancake, about 3 minutes on each side. Avoid making the pancakes too large or thick or they will be difficult to flip.
- Serve drizzled with Agave and if you’d like Maple Syrup, or any other topping you enjoy!
Guest Appearance by Lily