Craving Pizza, without the Guilt? Try my Veggie Pizza with “Meat” Sauce
Who isn’t craving guilt free pizza?!
Garbanzo Bean Flour is my absolute go-to for food cravings. It feels like I’m being bad, without actually being terrible.
The secret of this meal is portion. You don’t really need a giant pizza to feel full. Every ingredients is loaded with protein, flavor and the nutrients you need to feel full fast.
PLEASE NOTE: This recipe will make an excess of Pizza Sauce, so plan to use it on something else, or to make more pizzas!!
Ingredients for Pizza Dough (Makes 3 Personal Pizzas)
- 1 C Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 C Water
- 1 T Italian Spices
- 1 t Ground Coriander
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
Ingredients for “Meat Sauce”
- 14.5 oz Can Diced Tomato
- 1 6oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 T Italian Spices
- 1/2 T Basil
- 1 T Agave
- Water as Needed
- Half of a Yellow Onion
- 1 C Cooked Sprouted Bean Trio – this gives it the hearty meaty texture (Or you can use any beans – or omit completely)
These are simply the toppings I used, but feel free to change it up or omit!
- Yellow Squash
- Red Onion
Directions (Sauce First)
- Begin first with your sauce, it will take a bit longer, and you can prep everything else while it simmers. In a sauce pot, heat a bit of EVOO over medium heat.
- Add in Garlic and Onions and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add in Tomato Paste, Beans and Diced Tomatos. Mix everything together. Spoon out about 3/4 of the mixture into a mixer and blend it (careful to avoid explosions from blending hot items!).
- Return mixture to the pot. Add Italian Spices, Basil, Agave and Stir. Add water as needed to thin out the sauce. Cover and let simmer on medium/low while you prep everything else, stirring occasionally.
- When finished, taste and adjust/add seasoning as desired
Directions for Pizza Dough, and assembly
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a bowl combine all dough ingredients except water. Add in water slowly and whisk until you reach the consistency of pancake batter.
- Once your Pizza Sauce is ready, you’re ready for assembly. Heat a non-stick pan (Use a pan that can also enter the oven if possible) over medium/high heat with a drizzle of EVOO.
- Pour about 1/3 of the batter into the hot pan, use a spoon to spread it out flat and even if need be. Leave it un touched for about 3 – 4 minutes, then flip.
- Once flipped, add the tomato sauce and veggies.
- If you do have an oven safe pan, pop it right into the oven covered for 10 minutes (If you don’t, transfer it to greased baking pan). Then add cheese, and finish off until melted.
- Remove and Serve! (Then Repeat until all pizzas are done!)