Kimchi Fried Rice & Fried Egg – Easy & Quick Stir Fry
Nothing magical or transformative here, just a straightforward Kimchi Stir fry. Even if you’re not the type of person to sit down and eat Kimchi straight, you will still enjoy it in a Stir Fry. The flavor mellows out and blends well and adds a great acidity to the dish.
The great thing about this stir fry, and stir frys in general, is that you can use pretty much anything you have sitting in your fridge, and they’re super quick and easy to make. I will provide the recipe for what I have included, but the veggies are completely up to you!
- 3 C (I used a large Jar Juices and All) of Prepared Kimchi
- 3 C Cooked Rice
- 1 C Peas
- 1 Egg Per Person
- Yellow Squash
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- Oil (I used both Sesame and EVOO)
- Red Pepper Flakes (as desired for heat)
- 2 T Tamari/Soy Sauce
- In a small skillet heat EVOO over medium heat. Add in your chopped Squash, Onions and Peas (mine were frozen) and Saute until desired tenderness. Add in your Garlic when it is close to being finished, so it does not burn.
- In a Large Skillet heat Sesame Oil (or other oil of choice) over medium heat. Add in your rice and kimchi and mix well. When veggies are ready, add them into the large skillet and mix well.
- Add in Red Pepper Flakes and Soy Sauce and Mix Well. Let everything heat through for about 5 minutes. Taste and add any seasoning as desired, the kimchi should add enough flavor all on its own though.
- While you’re letting your large skillet cook, heat a bit more Sesame Oil over medium/high heat to your small skillet. Crack Egg into skillet and cook until edges crisp. Remove and top a serving of your rice and serve! (Repeat as needed for the amount you are serving!)