Cheesy Kale Pizza Cracker – Dehydrator Snack Recipe
These not so visually stunning crackers are packed with flavor & healthy ingredients! They’re so yummy in fact, I tend to have trouble cutting myself off! If you’re eating a lot of flax, remember to drink a lot of water; Also, if you suddenly increase your flax intake it can cause a more….rapid…digestion than you’re used to.. if you know what I mean.
Ingredients (Makes 2 rows in my Nesco Dehydrator)
- 1 C Almond Meal
- 2 C Kale
- 1/4 C Flax Meal
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 – 1/2 C Nutritional Yeast
- 1 T + extra Cumin
- 1 T + extra Chili Powder
- Cayenne (as desired for heat)
- Water as Needed
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except water. The tomatoes added enough liquid for me, but if you’re mixture is on the dry side, add a little water slowly. Mixture should be very tick and paste-like.
- Use a dehydrator non-stick sheet (or line your trays with parchment). Add a little oil and spread evenly out on the dehydrator sheet. I find this helps ensure it doesn’t stick, and I can flip it easily. Spread mixture out fairly thick, about
- Dehydrate at 135F for 8 – 10 hours. Flip in the middle of dehydration if you can (I usually dehydrate overnight, so I don’t). If your mixture is still a bit soft, remove from the non-stick sheet and dehydrate straight on the tray, this will allow air to flow better and crisp up your cracker.
- Store in airtight container or freezer for best quality! That is… if you can resist eating them all 🙂