Lemon Quinoa with Thai Spiced Veggies
This dish is quick, easy and full of flavor. You can use any veggies in this dish, just peruse your local grocer and see what looks good!
- 1 C Quinoa
- 3/4 C Water
- Little more than 1/4 C Lemon Juice
- 1 Leek Chopped (mostly whites)
- 1 Large Kohlrabi Chopped (or other root veggie)
- 1/2 Bunch of Asparagus
- 1 T Turmeric
- 2 t Sesame Oil
- 1/2 T Miso Paste
- Thai Spices (I use a premade spice combo – but generally it is Salt, Chili, Coriander, Onion, Celery Seed, Lemongrass, fenugreek, cumin and pepper)
- 1 T Tahini
- In a rice cooker (or pot, depending on how you prefer cooking your grains) combine Rinsed Quinoa, Water and Lemon Juice. Cook until finished.
- While Quinoa is cooking, heat sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add all of your veggies and mix. Add Miso paste, Drizzle over tahini and add thai spices and combine. Cook for about 10 minutes, until veggies are all tender, and everything is well mixed.
- When rice is finished mix in Turmeric and a dash of salt. Top the rice with your cooked veggies and serve!