Spicy Creamy Curried Tomato Soup with Zucchini noodles
Ripped from this recipe with a few minor changes.
Friggin Delicious. As with all tomato soups, the most important part is the tomato. Either use quality fresh tomatoes or an organic quality canned variety. Muir Glen is my favorite – and it’s reasonably priced.
- 1 28 oz Can Muir Glen Organic Chopped Tomatoes with Basil
- 4 C Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cayenne (as desired for heat)
- Red Pepper Flakes (as desired for heat)
- 1/2 T Curry Powder
- 1 Sweet Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Large Zucchini
- Oil – Coconut or Any you prefer
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add Onions and Garlic, stir around and reduce to a sizzle for about 5 minutes. Place onions & garlic into a blender/food processor along with tomatoes. Blend well.
- Add mixture back into large pot, add in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to low and cover for about 20 minutes. After about 15 minutes, add in the coconut milk and spices. Leave uncovered and let finish out for 5 more minutes.
- While your soup cooks, thinly slice, or spiralize (if you have a spiralizer) your zucchini.
- Once everything is finished, ladle soup into a bowl and add raw zucchini. ENJOY!!