Cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms (Vegan & GF)
I had a sudden craving for Spinach and Artichoke Dip, you know- the super unhealthy kind. I’ve always been on a stuffed mushroom kick lately. So I decided to combine the cravings, oh and make it healthier of course! This recipe makes way too much stuffing – but the stuffing is great as a dip too 🙂 If you don’t want it as a dip, buy more mushrooms.
- 1/4+ C Nutritional Yeast (taste and add more depending on desired cheesiness)
- 1 Bunch of Spinach
- 10 Mushrooms (w/e you like to stuff)
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 C Walnuts
- 2 T Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 450F. Trim and Wash mushrooms (save the mushrooms trimmings). Cover the mushrooms with a light layer of olive oil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are baking, combine Mushrooms trimmings, spinach, artichoke hearts and walnuts in a food processor or blender and mix well. Once the mixture is well blended, add the nutritional yeast, a bit of oil, salt and pepper and blend for another 10 seconds or so.
- After 10 minutes, remove mushrooms from oven and carefully drain them of their liquid.
- Stuff mushrooms with your mixture and finish baking for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy!