SpoOoOky Dinner – Jack-o-Lantern Style Stuffed Bell Peppers, *Candy Corn* Nachos & Mummy Hummus Quesadilla
I’ve been off of the Posting Wagon for a while now. And i’m hesitant to even say that I’m back on it. But seeing the traffic that is still hitting my site regardless of my posting has inspired me to get back to it. Sorry these are cell pics, I’ve been camera lazy.
Fear not, I have still been cooking/experimenting… so if anything consider this hiatus just a time for me to weed the good from the bad for you 🙂
Short and Sweet Post *This was a quick write up please excuse any typos, and feel free to comment any questions if you feel I misinformed/typo’d*
Jack-o-Lantern Style Stuffed Bell Peppers, *Candy Corn* Nachos & Mummy Hummus Quesadilla
-A spicy dinner fiesta!
- I carved my bell peppers first
- I used a new Exacto Blade to carve mine, figured it’d be easier than a knife, and avoid any risk of slipping.
- 2 Orange Bell Peppers
- 1.5 C Cooked Red Quinoa
- 1/4 C Cheese of Choice
- 1 T Red Pepper Flakes
- Kats Mexican Seasoning
- 1 Onion Diced
- Crispy Tortilla Strips (I made these quickly by tossing two tortillas on a cast iron – and cutting them up into bits)
- Corn Tortillas
- Greek Yogurt
- A little more cheddar cheese
- Hot Sauce to Taste
- Chili Garlic Sauce (the Sriracha Brand)
Directions for Jack O Lantern Stuffed Peppers
- Cut Your Bell Peppers as desired! Set Oven to Broil
- Mix together your Quinoa, Cheese, Onion, Seasonings, Red Pepper Flakes, Tortilla Strips and a bit of hot sauce.
- Stuff the bell pepper so its slightly overflowing. Drizzle olive oil lightly on the pepper, and return the top.
- Broil for about 10 minutes, or until the top is a bit crisp. Remove the top and place aside. Continue to bake for about 20 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, finish with a little bit of extra cheese.
- Remove from oven, drizzle a little hot sauce so that it runs down the side of your poor jack-o-lanterns face, return the top and serve!
Directions of “Candy Corn” Nachos
- Preheat oven to 375F Pour a bit of olive oil in your hand and lightly coat about 4 corn tortillas in oil. (Or use more if you want more chips!)
- Cut up corn tortillas into 4ths (chip size).
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until beginning to crisp (about 10 – 15 minutes). Remove from oven.
- Carefully distribute cheddar cheese on only the middle area of the chip (to create the look of candy corn’s middle strip of color).
- Place back in oven and cook until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven and carefully apply a dollop of Greek Yogurt (or sour cream if you prefer) to the tip of your candy corn.
- Serve Warm!
Directions for Mummy Hummus Quesadilla.
- I lightly charred my tortillas first on a cast iron until lightly crisp. Then removed and let cool.
- Spread Hummus onto tortilla then spread a light layer of the Chili Garlic Sauce.
- Cut up the other tortilla into a fun face, then place on top and serve!