Italian Quinoa Pasta & Rice with Balsamic Veggies & Cheezey Nut Crumble
This recipe resulted from “I’m hungry, I dont want to waste time going to the store, but I don’t want to waste money eating out… what should we dooooooo?!”
So I searched through my pantry, fridge and freezer to concoct this dish. It’s not something I would go out and buy ingredients for, use this as a basic template or perhaps inspiration. Maybe you have these ingredients lying around too!
I will list out the ingredients I used, but please, if you have something better, use it!! This was a fridge/pantry cleaning meal 🙂
- Half a Box of Cooked Quinoa Pasta
- 1.5 C Cooked Brown Rice
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Bag of Frozen Veggie Medley (or opt for whatever fresh veggies you have lying around!)
- ~1 C Nuts of Choice (I used a Mixture of Brazil, Walnut and Almond)
- Nutritional Yeast ~ 1/4 C total
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Veggie Patty (Optional – my boyfriend has these from costco in his fridge! Beware, many veggie patties are not Gluten Free – check label)
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Fresh Basil (optional)
- Cook your Rice and Quinoa Accordingly. Meanwhile Heat oil on a pan over medium heat. Add veggies and cook until desired tenderness. Season with Italian seasoning and a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Push Veggies to one side of pan, and make room for your veggie patty. Cook through. Remove from heat and chop.
- In either a small food processor, blender or nut grinder, or by hand, roughly chop the nuts. Add in about 1 T of Nutritional Yeast (or more depending on cheesey you like your food) and add in the garlic as well. Mix or blend through.
- In Large Bowl, combine cooked Quinoa Pasta, Rice, Cooked Veggies, The Veggie Pattie and the nut mixture.
- Add in a few tablespoons of Balsamic (or more/less to taste) and mix. Taste and add more Italian Seasoning and a bit of Salt as desired.
- Serve toped with Fresh Basil Leaves if you’re feeling fancy.