Sweet Potato & Veggie Hash with Lemon Tahini Dressing
One of the best things about the Winter/Holiday Season..?? Cheap Sweet Potatoes!!
3lbs for a dollar right now, you can’t go wrong. This recipe is super cheap, you can buy a ton of these veggies and make quite a few whopping portions. Yes, tahini can be pricey, but a little goes a long way in this recipe.
Also a great recipe for the Holidays, takes a bit of prep, but doesn’t need much tending after that.
This is very similar to my previous recipe which you can find here. This rendition of the recipe was inspired by a dish I had at a restaurant recently called Cherrywood Cafe, here in Austin. The dish is comprised of Sweet Potatoes and other veggies, most likely pan fried/saute, topped with hollandaise and a poached egg. Talk about decadent. I toned down the recipe slightly and kept it vegan by using Rich and Creamy Tahini instead of Hollandaise. Definitely very different, but satiates the same desire.
- 2 – 3 Large Sweet Potatoes chopped
- 1 Large Sweet Onion chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers chopped
- 2 Jalapenos (seeds removed)
- 2 – 3 Lemons
- Optional – Pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix together your sweet potato, onion and peppers. (Your chunks should be similarly sized). Spread them out evenly on a baking sheet and place in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lightly drizzle with Cinnamon and Allspice. Return to oven for a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together Tahini and Lemon, tasting constantly to find the flavor you like. I usually use about 3 T Tahini to 2/3 Lemons, depending on juiciness. Then add a touch of water to thin out your mixture.
- Remove your veggies from the oven and let slightly cool. Plate and top with your dressing and optional pecans and serve!