Raw Burrito, Lime Marinated Veggie Mix, Nutty Cheese* Spread and Fresh Avocado. Collard Green Wrapped
I’ve been on a Collard Green Wrap and Nut Mixture Kick Lately. I usually go through a phase where I eat nonstop collard green wraps until I totally burn out. I revisited them recently, and now I know why I get obsessed with them. They’re so easy to make, they hold great for lunch, it’s ridiculous how healthy they are, and they’re a great excuse to get extra raw greens in.
- Collard Greens – You won’t use a whole bundle on this recipe, so have other ideas in mind for these delicious greens 🙂
- 2 Red Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1 – 2 Large Tomato
- 2 Large Poblano Peppers (or Green Peppers) Chopped
- 1 Large Red Onion Chopped
- 5 Limes Juiced (or more depending on how tangy you can handle)
- 1.5 C Nuts Assorted (I used Almonds, Walnuts & Brazil)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Kats Mexican Spices: Chili Powder, Cumin, Red Pepper Flakes, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder Oregano, Paprika, Himalayan Salt
- 1 Avocado
- Hot Sauce of Choice – probably not *truly* raw – so omit, or research if it fits your dietary needs.
- Optional Hungry Man Non Vegan/Raw Ingredients: Greek Yogurt, Beans, Cheese
- Start by Combining all of your Peppers with your lime juice and mix well. Let marinade while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- In a blender/food processor, combine Nuts, a bit of Evoo, Mexican Spices and Nutritional Yeast to Taste. Start with around 2 T of Nutritional Yeast and add more as desired. Blend Well. Add water as Needed to thin the mixture out. Should be thick, like a paste.
- Prep your collard greens by washing them and trimming down the stems. To do this take a knife and slowly cut down the rib, using a pairing style cut. This will ensure the collard green will not break as you fold it up. If you skip this step, it will break and cause holes!
- Start by spreading your nut mixture on the collard green, top with your marinated veggies and Slices of Fresh Avocado. Finish with a drizzle of hot sauce. (Also add any other desired optional ingredients)
- Roll up, cut in half and serve!