Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Sriracha and Honey/Agave
SWEET POTATOESS… 3lbs for $1…. = lots of food with sweet potatoes 🙂
There are a few important steps to making crispy Baked Sweet Potato fries.
- Cut them as thin as you can
- Don’t overlap them, place them all flat down
- Use Corn Starch (Okay you can omit if corn makes your skin crawl – but it does help crisp!)
- You’re going to have to settle with sacrificing a few fries for the better of the group. Meaning, a few are going to burn, but allowing a few to get burnt will let a majority of them reach maximum crispiness. Eat the burnt ones if you dig carcinogens for some reason.
PS, this is paired with my Raw Burrito Recipe here
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- Corn Starch
- Optional Seasonings: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Curry Spices, Cayenne are all great options, experiment with seasonings here, they’re super yummy with a large variety of different spice combos.
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- Chop your sweet potatoes into thin even matchsticks. The more consistent the better.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped sweet potatoes with a bit of EVOO, whatever spices you choose and Corn Startch, just add enough to coat lightly, they corn startch should mix in and disappear.
- Place them down flat on a large baking sheet (grease if your pan isn’t non-stick).
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. After about 10 minutes, remove from oven and shake around to turn them. Some people insist you must flip them. I don’t know who has the time/patience to an entire pan of fries… so I’m lazy on this part… simply mixing them around will work fine, They may start overlapping at this point, but try and keep them as orderly as you can, and give them space.
- Finish cooking for 5 – 10 minutes, watching carefully. They are finished when a few are burnt and they are crisping.
- Remove from oven and plate, mix together 1 T honey (or agave) with 1 t Sriracha and drizzle over fries. Serve!