Unemployment Captains Log Day 4, Benihana’s (Spicy) Ginger Salad Dressing
Spirits are high, the crew has a profound level of joy from all the laziness, and momma is happy because she gets to cook 😀
Starting a new job in February, but until then, expect to see new recipes your way 🙂 If you don’t, someone send help, because the laziness has surely drowned me.
Now, I can’t say that I’ve ever been to Benihana’s….but according to the internet, his sauce tastes something along the lines of what I’ve created. I was perusing the internet for new salad dressing recipes when I came upon this. I didn’t have all of the fresh ingredients on hand, so some of them are in their spice form. I also hate the idea of using ketchup so I subbed it for Garlic Chili Sauce (Rooster). Feel free to keep to the fresh ingredients if you have them on hand, but using the spices was a great alternative here!
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Oil of Choice – I used EVOO
- 3 T’s rice wine vinegar
- 1 T water
- .75 inch of Grated Ginger
- 1 t Celery Seed
- 1 T soy sauce (Tamari)
- 1 T Garlic Chili Sauce (Rooster Brand) This will be spicy, you may want less if you’re sensitive to spice.
- Sweetener of Choice (I used about 1 T Honey)
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 t Sesame Seeds
- Add as much Oil to this mixture as you feel comfortable with. Some people are gung-ho Oil, some are not, do what suits you, it doesn’t matter. Combine all ingredients in a blender/bullet and process.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as you’d like. After tasting, I added a bit more celery seed and water.
Serve over a salad of your choice and enjoy!