Product Review – White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt – Easier on the Lactose Intolerant
I’m not one to product review – but I’m currently in love with White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt.
- It is fairly cheap! A Quart runs about 4.50
- It has an Organic version – if thats you’re thing
- It can be Whole Milk or Non Fat
- It has the same healthy bacteria as Greek Yogurt
- It’s great as a sub for Creaminess in recipes – such as Mayo & Sour Cream
- It’s Austin Local.
But most importantly – It’s lighter on the lactose. The jar specifically touts itself for being naturally lower in lactose due to the process to create it.
I’m not horribly lactose intolerant – but my gut definitely notices if I have regular milk based products. Even greek yogurt tends to hurt my stomach. Goat cheese I can usually stomach (in small quantities). For whatever reason, I can eat this yogurt, in fairly decent quantities without a bad reaction.
So perhaps, if our lactose sensitive – you can try it too!