Tangy Coconut Tahini Walnut Dip – The Best Dip you will EVER MAKE!! (Vegan & Gluten Free!)
First off, credit goes where credit is due! Inspiration can be found here. I’m currently out of tahini, but I knew I had a lot of raw sesame seeds at home – so when I found this recipe, I KNEW I had to make it, and nothing was going to stop me. The combination of flavors sounded amazing, I knew it would be delicious – and it definitely exceeded expectations.
Note: Since I didn’t have tahini, I made a version of it from scratch – so this recipe reflects that. But you may skip the Roasting of Sesame Seeds and adding oil – and simply use Tahini if you would prefer a quicker version of this dip!
Uses For the Dip!
- It amazing with raw veggies. Ditch the ranch (ick!)
- Use it as a spread for sandwiches/lettuce wraps
- Spoon it over cooked veggies
- Pretty much anything that you want to liven up!
- 1/2 C Raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 large handful of Walnuts
- 1/2 – 1 T Low Sodium White Miso Paste
- 1 T Tamari
- 1/2 inch of Fresh Ginger, Ground
- Garlic to preference – I used about 1/2 T Minced
- Lemon Juice – I like mine tangy – so I used about 3 lemons juiced
- 1/4 C Light Coconut Milk
- 2 T Agave (or more to taste)
- 1 T Sriracha (or more to taste)
- Optional: Vegetable Broth to thin – if you don’t have this readily available, you can just use water (I just usually have this in large batches in my freezer)
- Optional: Green Onions
- Heat a pan over medium heat and pour in your sesame seeds. Stir very often for about 10 minutes until they have lightly browned. Don’t leave unattended or they will burn!
- Transfer the roasted sesame seeds to a grinder and grind up into a fine powder. Transfer to a blender or food processor (Or if you have a bullet – switch from grind to the blender). Add about 1/4 C EVOO and blend.
- Add more oil if desired. Add all of the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend well.
- Taste and adjust any ingredients as desired, making it sweeter, or tangier, or nuttier! Top with Green Onions if desired and serve!