Spaghetti Squash with Rainbow Chard Pesto, topped with a drizzle of Honey, Green Onions and Pine Nuts
My boyfriends family bought me some cooking ingredients that I rarely buy myself. One of which includes a giant bag of what I like to call “The Rich Man’s Nut” … most of you know it as the Pine Nut. 🙂
I came home from the Holidays and still had a giant Spaghetti Squash awaiting cooking… so naturally I needed to make a pesto to put all over its naturally spaghetti like strands!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Bunch Organic Rainbow Chard
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
(I mention organic because those bunches tend to be much smaller)
- 1/4 C Fresh Basil (I just grabbed a small handful)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 or 2 small Lemons
- 1/2 to 1 C Nutritional Yeast
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 to 1 C Pine Nuts
- Honey for drizzling
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Handful of Raw Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Start by popping your Spaghetti Squash into the oven. I chop mine in half, and cook it for about 30 – 45 mins at 375F. Once it’s finished, you let it cool and take a fork to pull out the Spaghetti-like strands. But while thats cooking, prepare your Pesto.
- Blanch your Chard by adding the leafs to boiling water for just a moment (until they become a richer green) and then run under cold water. Remove the tough stem from the center of the leaf and add to the food processor.
- Add in the Pine Nuts, Nutritional Yeast (start with less, taste and add more as desired), Juice of 1 or 2 Lemons (I like a more tangy pesto so I add two), 2 Cloves Garlic, Handful of Pumpkin Seeds and Basil. Pulse a few times. Then start slowly adding your EVOO until you’ve reached a desired consistency. Taste and adjust your flavors as desired.
- To finish, mix the pesto with the warm Spaghetti Squash Noodles, top with Extra Pine Nuts, some Green Onions, Salt & Pepper and a drizzle of Honey.