Spicy Red Bell Pepper Dip (or sauce?)
I made this dip on a whim after being inspired by this recipe. But realized I really had no use for a dip… and I really needed to figure out what dinner was going to be in a few hours… hah. So I honestly ended up using this as a sauce for a Raw Zucchini Pasta Dish instead of actually a dip. But I ate a few bites of this as dip.. and it’s delicious! 🙂
1 Jar Roasted Red Bell Peppers in Oil (or freshly roasted!)*
- 1/4 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 – 3 T Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 C (about a small Handful) of Raw Pumpkin Seeds (Mine were sprouted and salted – so I decreased the salt I added to this recipe)
- Juice of 1 to 2 Lemons (depending on Size and tang level desired)
- 1/4 C (about a small handful) of Walnuts
- 1 t Cumin
- 1 t Chili Powder
- 1 T Hot Sauce (I used Franks)
- 1 – 2 t Garlic Powder
- 1 – 2 t Onion Granules
- Honey (as needed and for drizzling upon serving.
- Optional: Shallot Granules to top
- Optional: Pine Nuts
*If you Roast bell peppers yourself, you’ll want to add some oil to this recipe
**Note: I used these optional ingredients because I had them on hand, but they’re not critical to the taste of the dish.
- Simply Combine all ingredients in a blender. Taste and adjust flavors as desired.