Crispy Curried Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts with a Lime Coconut Curry Sauce
This recipe is a re-do of an old recipe… and I’m glad I did. Reading some of my older recipes really make it clear to me how far I’ve come since the beginning of my cooking/blogging adventures! My measurements were a little wonky, my directions were murky…
This is a great recipe though, glad I brought it back!
- 3/4 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1/4 C Flour of Some kind (Options – Rice Flour, Garbanzo Bean Flour, Any GF Blend)
- 2 Limes
- Juice of 1 Orange (I used a blood orange)
- 1.5 T Thai Yellow Curry Paste
- Oil (I used avocado)
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1lb Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
- 5 Baby Sweet Peppers Chopped
- 1 C Cooked Rice
- Start by making the crispy Cauliflower. Preheat the oven to 375F. Chop up your Cauliflower into small florets. In a small bowl, combine about 1/4 C Flour, a bit of salt with 1 T Avocado Oil and enough water to make the mixture thin. In a large bowl, combine and toss the cauliflower chunks with this mixture until evenly coated.
- Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and cook for about 30 minutes. While this is baking, in a small bowl, combine about 1/4 C Coconut Milk, juice of 1 Lime and about half a tablespoon of Curry Paste. Mix well. After 30 minutes, remove the cauliflower from the oven, carefully toss with this mixture you’ve just made and return to the oven for about 10 or 20 more minutes, until crispy.
- While this finishes, chop up your brussel sprouts thinly, this will help them crisp up. I threw them into the bowl in which I’d been doing all the cauliflower tossing and coating, this will give the brussel sprouts a little bit of coating from whatever remains in that bowl.
- Once your cauliflower is done, remove from the oven, carefully pull the parchment paper off with the cauliflower and set aside. Re-line the pan with foil and toss on the brussel sprouts. Bake for about 20 minutes or until browning a bit (keep an eye on it, depending on your slices this could be less time).
- While this cooks, prepare your sauce. Combine the remaining Coconut Milk, the Juice of 1 Orange, Juice of 1 Lime, about 1 T Curry Paste. Set aside.
- To serve, top some rice with Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts, add on the peppers and green onions, then finish it with sauce and serve!